1939

Due to expansion of Locomotive Railroad Car Repair Plant the decision was made to relocate the plant outside of town with simultaneous rehabilitation.

1945

Electric Locomotive Repair Workshop accomplished modernization of tubes operating on 3000 V voltage.

1949

The manufactory started operating as Electric Locomotive Repair Plant.

1956

According to the decision of Communist Party Central Committee and Ministers Council about country’s railway transport electrification and due to increased demand on trunk electric locomotives, Tbilisi Locomotive Repair Plant started construction of electric locomotives.

1957

Tbilisi Locomotive Repair Plant renamed to Electric Locomotive Construction Factory. Reconstruction and expansion started. First electric locomotive H8-201 (ВЛ8-201 -- afterwards), was produced December 30th same year. This was a beginning of electric locomotive construction in Soviet Socialist Republic of Georgia

1958

In order to accelerate technical advancement in electric locomotive construction, the Special Constructor Bureau (SCB) was created for engineering new trunk electric locomotives. Main units of locomotives are produced in-house: driving engine, supplemental machinery, triggering regulatory appliance, protection appliance parts, electric current receiver, etc., approximately 1000 units and details. In the first decade of operations in Tbilisi Electric Locomotive Factory (TELF), had been developed manufacturing process for 250 thousand units and details, adding up to 80% of total assembling parts required.

1961

Developed T8 (eventually ВЛ10), direct current, eight-axle trunk electric locomotive.

1963-1967

In 1963-1965 SCB developed and in 1966-1967 the factory constructed two experimental, alternating current 25 KV, 50 Hz passenger locomotives ВЛ40, with 160 km/h projected speed and aggregated class III gear. For this purpose had been constructed ТЛ1 direct current 1600 KW capacity driving engines.

1966

SCB developed and constructed ВЛ-8В – the world’s first electric locomotive with 3 and 5 KV direct current voltage and impulse regulation.

1970

Adopted production of ЭК13 series industrial coke-quenching electric locomotives, making TELF brand recognizable outside of the USSR. First industrial electric locomotives ЭК-13 were supplied to Turkey, India, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania and Czechoslovakia.

1971

The Factory conducted significant works to introduce production of ЭШ-186 electric pilers, utilized for stowage works in depot, and exported to Hungary, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Yemen, Iraq and India. ЭШ-186 electric pilers participated in many international industrial exhibitions in Budapest, Bucharest, Brno, and Leipzig.

1973

Following semiconductor technology advancements, Special Constructor Bureau (SCB) developed new industrial electric locomotive with thyristor-based control mechanism - ЭК14, ensuring high reliability during exploitation, automation of control and precise stabilization of technological speeds. ЭК14 is still in service in metallurgic plants across the former Soviet Union and in other countries.

1974

New ВЛ11 eight-axle trunk electric locomotive was developed to increase turnover of industrial cargo on railways equipped with direct current.ВЛ11 are produced with two-tiered construction, but if necessary a locomotive can be constructed with three or four sections working with multi-tier technology. ВЛ11 locomotive can transport heavy railway freights, increasing throughoutput capacity and decreasing operating costs.

1976

Started production of ВЛ10У – electric locomotive with axle load capacity of 25 Tons.

1978

Started production of ЭШ-188М – electric piler with improved construction, exported to many countries of the world. To address demand on electric locomotives operating on direct current, general reconstruction of the Factory was conducted, improving existing and adding new production areas. Production throughoutput doubled due to introduction of modern technologies in the process of locomotive units’ manufacturing.

1985

SCB developed and the factory constructed powerful twelve-axle direct current trunk ВЛ15 electric locomotive.

1992

By 1992 was completed the project started in 1990 and aiming at development of new electric locomotive Э-13. During the same year was produced two new locomotives.

1993

Tbilisi Electric Locomotive Factory was reorganized into joint stock company “Elmavalmshenebeli”.

2000

Two new electric locomotives 4E1 were developed and produced by the order from the Georgian Railway. For Georgian Railway was conducted transformation and modernization of eight-axle trunk electric locomotive to four-axle 4E10 trunk locomotive.

2005

JSC “Elmavalmshenebeli” constructed the new coke-quenching electric locomotive ЭК-15, based on the SCB project.

2007

Started production of ВЛ11М/5 electric locomotive, which is a modification of ВЛ11 locomotive. Has been reduced usage of metal, locomotive driver’s cabin enlarged, introduced improved driver’s and driver assistance’s control boards, installed MORS SMITT (Germany) automated switches and relays.

2008

JSC “Elemavalmshenebeli” developed and produced new four-axle electric locomotive 4E10 by the order LLC “Belon”.Started production of new ВЛ11М/6 electric locomotives by the Ukrainian Railways order. The new locomotive is the modification of ВЛ11. Has been introduced new technologies: microprocessor-based control system, systems for diagnostics and fire alarm, static transformers, modular cabin, glass-plastic control board and etc.